Almonds, white flowers, peaches and pears on the nose. The palate is full of white fruit richness, minerals, and a hint of spices on the finish. Lovely acidity. This wine can improve over 2-3 days once opened.
This gold label Arneis is a recent addition to the Almondo lineup. "Le Rive" made from a single plot of old vines within Bricco delle Ciliegie (hill of cherries).
It replaces "Bricco delle Ciliegie" as the flagship wine of the estate, and the ambition from the family is to make "Le Rive del Bricco delle Ciliegie" the top 5 white wines in the entire Italy!
Made with 12 hours cold maceration and aged 90% in stainless steel tank and 10% in non toasted french oak barrique, "Le Rive" is a serious wine which needs decanting or further bottle ageing to show its best.
Why Almondo's Arneis is so special?
1) They grow their own grapes, on the right soil and right place.
2) They only use the first 58% pressings on the grapes, the rest of the juice goes to other bulk producers.
3) Aging on lees for 6 months, giving it complexity and mouthfill.
4) Doing everything in the cellar to avoid oxidation, and keeping fresh acidity.
5) Limited production, only 38,000 bottles per annum.